THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2013
Workshop Sign-Up Sheet
Please select one of the following Workshop choices from the list below:
1. Financial Aid: We'll Show You the Money! - (Room H-219): Our goal is to overcome the economic barriers to attending BCC. This workshop is designed to help you navigate the financial aid process: Learn how and when to apply for "free" grant money, a work-study job, or a low-interest student loan. Let us take the "Huh!?"out of financial aid for you.
2. Strength-Based Learning Styles - (Room M-201): Understanding your own learning style can be the key to success. Identify how you learn best and discover new ways to be successful in the classroom.
3. Making the Most of Your Freshman Year - (K-111): There's a world of difference between success in high school and success in college! A crash course on the language and culture of college with strategies that can help you become a successful BCC student. Learn how and where to access resources that can help you meet your goals.
4. Success Skills for Non-Traditional Students - (H-112): If you are 24, a parent, and/or a veteran, this workshop is for you. Learn information and strategies that will address your specific needs and help you succeed at BCC. Presented by staff and Non-Traditional Students.
5. Discovering Your Unique Career Path - (Room H-207): Career counseling and related services are available to you, from your first month here to your graduation, and even beyond. In this session, learn how we will help you with work and career decision making.
6. Service Learning-Education in Action - (Room H-105): Service learning projects give students the opportunity to learn by doing through hands-on service and research activities designed to address needs in our community. During these course-based experiences, students discover their strengths, gain new skills, and explore what it means to be "civically engaged" in 2013. Come find out about opportunities to put your education in action and make a positive difference in your community.
To Sign up on-line click here
- Print, Complete, and Mail this form to the Student Development Center (SDC),
- Print, Complete, and Drop off at the SDC, Room A-107
Full Name: (Print) ________________________________
Workshop Choice #: ______________________________
E-mail Address: __________________________________
Phone #: ( ) ____________________________________