REFINED BCC Mission Statement
Berkshire Community College (BCC) strives to place higher education within reach of all residents of Berkshire County and beyond. BCC is committed to access, academic excellence, student success, and leadership in the community.
- BCC helps students overcome financial, physical, and/or social barriers and welcomes them into a college environment of academic excellence.
- BCC provides quality programs that prepare students to enter or progress within the workforce and/or for transfer, while fostering a lifelong enthusiasm for learning.
- BCC provides the resources and services students need to be successful, to meet our academic standards, and to achieve their personal and professional goals.
- BCC provides leadership by furthering the engagement of our students in the community; by working collaboratively with civic leaders, organizations, and employers; and by serving as a center for diverse educational and cultural activities.
In recognition of its tradition of academic excellence and service, Berkshire Community College affirms the following values:
- Integrity and Engagement. We expect all members of the college community to participate in the fulfillment of the college mission through actions that are forthright and consistent with the mission.
- Innovation. We promote a campus climate that encourages innovative thought and creative expression.
- Diversity and Inclusion. We foster an environment that validates and respects cultural identities and provides curriculum, pedagogy, programs and services within multicultural philosophies and frameworks.
- Service. We maintain a community that demonstrates respect for growth, responsibility, and leadership through service to others.
- Sustainability. We follow practices that promote environmental and financial sustainability at the college.
VISION FOR BCC:
BCC is a dynamic learning community, transforming lives and preparing students to succeed in an increasingly complex, diverse, and changing world.