Safety & Security
The Safety and Security Department is committed to crime prevention and ensuring the safety of all of our students, faculty, and staff. To accomplish these goals, we believe that it is important to forge partnerships with all parts of our community as well as to maintain strong relations with our neighbors and first responders.
Campus Security is staffed and operated by G4S Security. Officers are on duty at the main campus 24/7 to assist all members of the college community. In addition, BCC Campus Security officers are on duty at the South County Center in Gt. Barrington.
The "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" (20 U.S.C. section 1092) requires that crime statistics concerning the occurrence of crime be published for the most recent calendar year, and during the two proceeding calendar years for which data are available in the following categories:
- On campus;
- In or on a non-campus building or property;
- On public property;
- In dormitories or other residential facilities for students on campus
In compliance with the requirements of the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 (Jeanne Clery Act) under Public Law 101-542, Title II, makes available each year an annual security report detailing campus crime statistics for the previous three years along with campus security policies and procedures.
Campus Security, certified in First Aid Response, AED and C.P.R., respond to all emergencies reported on the College campuses. If the event of an Emergency on Campus call 911 then notify security at Ext. 6100 from any campus phone. In the event of an emergency Campus security and other assisting staff will respond.
In an effort to consistently improve emergency response procedures, BCC has an opt-in emergency notification system (ENS) which allows College administrators to send time-sensitive notifications to students, staff and faculty. The ENS helps us provide a safer environment, enhanced emergency communication and keeps our community better informed
Emergency Contact Information
|BCC Security||413-499-4660; x6100 (on-campus)|
|Massachusetts State Police||413-743-4700|
|Brien Center (24 Hour - Crisis Lline)
(Mental Health / Substance Abuse)
|Elizabeth Freeman Center
(Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault)
|National Suicide Crisis Line||800-784-2433|
|Nation Suicide Prevention Line||
|Title IX Coordinator - Deborah Cote||
|Clery Coordinator - Michael King||413-236-1011|
Non-Emergency Contact Information
|BCC Security||413-236-1010; x1010 (on-campus)|
|Director of Safety & Security||413-236-1011|
- Professionalism – We will always be aware of our image and role within the institution. We will use our skills, training, and knowledge to serve our community.
- Integrity – We will hold ourselves to the highest standard of truth. Our word is based on our bond and our behavior is above reproach.
- Communication – We will always listen to the needs and the concerns of our community and follow through to make sure those needs and concerns are addressed.
- Service – We will respond immediately to all calls for service, both routine and emergency
Respect – We will treat everyone we encounter with respect and dignity.
- Loyalty – We will always remain loyal to those we serve: the entire Berkshire Community College Community.
- Duty – We will do our duty to the best of our ability. The welfare and safety of our students and community members is our top priority