Program Advisor: Carlton Maaia
The Hospitality Administration program provides students with a strong course foundation in hospitality management, business, sciences, and liberal arts. These courses prepare students for transfer to a baccalaureate institution.
In addition, the program provides a wide educational background in many disciplines that are required to fulfull management positions in the challenging field of hospitality administration.
This is a MassTransfer eligible program.
Hospitality Administration Program Expected Outcomes
- Apply their knowledge regarding the hospitality industry to whatever entry-level career track within the food service or lodging industry;
- Demonstrate the unique professional requirements for a successful career in the hospitality industry;
- Apply their understanding of business practice with cost effectiveness and control strategies
- Demonstrate best practices in the operation of foodservice and hospitality organizations to meet customer expectations.
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and nonverbal techniques;
- Make decisions based on integrating knowledge of functional areas for managing foodservice and hospitality organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership and professional behaviors.
- Work in teams and recognize the meaning of mutual responsibility, so they are prepared to join the diverse workforce of the hospitality industry;
- Obtain food protection manager certification (e.g. ServSafe)
|BUS 111 Principles of Accounting I||3|
|BUS 112 Principles of Accounting II||3|
|BUS 208 Principles of Marketing||3|
|BUS 220 Managerial Accounting||4|
|Computer Literacy (1)||3|
|ECO 211 Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|HSP 101 Introduction to Hospitality||3|
|HSP 105 Hospitality Law||3|
|HSP 115 Food Service Management||3|
|Hospitality Elective (3)||2|
|General Education||32 Credits|
|ENG English Composition/Writing||6|
|MAT 123 Elementary Statics||3|
|Natural or Physical Science (4)||8|
|ECO 212 Principles of Macroeconomics 3||3|
|Core Competencies Portfolio||6 items|
|Minimum Cumulative Averages Overall:||2.000|
(1) Choose from BSS 102, Microsoft Word; BSS 201, Microsoft Excel; or CIS 102, Fundamental Computer Literacy.
(2) Spanish is recommended for one course to fulfill one Humanities requirement.
(3) HSP 117 Hotel Management is recommended.
(4) Natural or Physical Science requirement must be fulfilled with two 4-credit laboratory science courses.