Program Advisor: Carlton Maaia
The Hospitality Administration program provides students with a strong course foundation in hospitality management, business, sciences, and liberal arts. These courses prepare students for transfer to a baccalaureate institution.
In addition, the program provides a wide educational background in many disciplines that are required to fulfull management positions in the challenging field of hospitality administration.
This is a MassTransfer eligible program.
Hospitality Administration Program Expected Outcomes
- Apply their knowledge regarding the hospitality industry to whatever entry-level career track within the food service or lodging industry;
- Demonstrate the unique professional requirements for a successful career in the hospitality industry;
- Apply their understanding of business practice with cost effectiveness and control strategies
- Demonstrate best practices in the operation of foodservice and hospitality organizations to meet customer expectations.
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and nonverbal techniques;
- Make decisions based on integrating knowledge of functional areas for managing foodservice and hospitality organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership and professional behaviors.
- Work in teams and recognize the meaning of mutual responsibility, so they are prepared to join the diverse workforce of the hospitality industry;
- Obtain food protection manager certification (e.g. ServSafe)
|BUS 111 Principles of Accounting I||3|
|BUS 112 Principles of Accounting II||3|
|BUS 208 Principles of Marketing||3|
|BUS 220 Managerial Accounting||4|
|Computer Literacy (1)||3|
|ECO 211 Principles of Microeconomics||3|
|HSP 101 Introduction to Hospitality||3|
|HSP 105 Hospitality Law||3|
|HSP 115 Food Service Management||3|
|Hospitality Elective (3)||2|
|General Education||32 Credits|
|ENG English Composition/Writing||6|
|MAT 123 Elementary Statics||3|
Natural or Physical Science (4)
|ECO 212 Principles of Macroeconomics 3||3|
|Core Competencies Portfolio||6 items|
|Minimum Cumulative Averages Overall:||2.000|