Berkshire Community College offers a wide range of noncredit learning opportunities for people of all ages. Designed for self-improvement, vocational or recreational purposes, these initiatives are offered on-campus, throughout the county, and beyond. The college also participates in the economic development of Berkshire County through various collaborative efforts and an active business and industry team.
Flexibility and close working relationships with community organizations, private industry and the public keep the division responsive to the needs and interests of the entire community.
A complete list of noncredit offerings is mailed to the public three times a year in BCC’s spring, summer and fall semester schedule booklets. Click here to see the current offerings.
- Senior citizens may register for most non-credit workshops at a 20% discount.
- Members of the Berkshire Chamber of Commerce may register for most non-credit career enhancement workshops at a 15% discount.
Unless otherwise specified, discounts are offered on many of the non-credit workshop offerings. Discounts can only be applied at the time of registration. For more information, call 413-236-2127.
For more information or to register for an upcoming workshop, contact Linda Morelli.
BCC responds to requests for general and customized training for business and industry, either on campus or on site. Training funds are available for Massachusetts companies; and BCC can help companies secure funds! In exchange for contracting your training with BCC, we offer:
- Assistance and guidance with grant writing, proposal preparation and submission;
- Training needs assessment;
- Training plan design based on company needs, by BCC’s experienced workforce training professionals.
Contact the Workforce Development office today to see how we can meet your training needs today:
Community Education also takes place through BCC’s participation in the national Road Scholar program. The college offers about eight to ten programs each year where approximately 300 people from the United States, Canada, and beyond, enjoy a week of college-level courses, field trips, lively discussions, and stimulating company. Course topics include art, history, literature, music, and much more. Local residents over 55 are invited to “commute” at a fraction of the already reasonably priced tuition.
For more information, contact Linda Morelli.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at BCC
OLLI at BCC is a membership-led organization committed to the idea that learning is a lifelong, multifaceted experience. OLLI provides stimulating and exciting adult learning experiences including:
- Noncredit courses in the arts, science, literature, and social sciences;
- Lectures and panel discussions highlighting contemporary and often provocative themes; and,
- Cultural and educational trips and events.
For information about membership, course offerings, and upcoming lectures, call 413-236-2190 or visit www.BerkshireOLLI.org .
Paterson Field House Fitness Center - Gym Memberships
The community is invited to utilize the Paterson Field House Fitness Center with a daily, monthly, or annual membership to the gym. The Fitness Center is available Monday – Thursday 7 AM – 8 PM and Friday, 7 AM – 6 PM. You must be 16 years of age or older to join. A part-time certified personal trainer can show you how each machine is used and which muscle group is affected; check with Paterson personnel for the trainer’s hours.
- Daily rate - $5 (no registration required)
- Monthly rate - $25 Adults, $20 Seniors
- Annual rate - $250 Adults, $200 Seniors