Current Temp:
67 °F
Weather Station
Print This Page
How to Apply

Applying For Aid Has Never Been Easier!

BCC's Federal Title IV Code is 002167

Simply follow the steps below:

  1. Apply for admission to BCC by completing and submitting an application to the Admissions Office.
  2. Before you begin work on your financial aid application, gather the items you need.
  3. Save time and avoid costly errors by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)  at Students filing online will automatically be given an opportunity to get a PIN. Use the PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA, correct FAFSA information over the Internet, file a Renewal FAFSA on the Web the following year, or gain access to other useful Department of Education websites.

                Did you know that the Financial Aid Office has workstations? 
                Drop in, apply for aid on line, and get help from us while doing it!

    Or if you prefer to file a paper application, FAFSA's are generally available at high school guidance offices. Mail your completed FAFSA to the Federal Processor and allow 4-6 weeks for paper processing.

    The good news is the FAFSA is the only application form you'll need to complete to receive aid at BCC, and remember, applying for federal student aid is FREE.
  4. If you need help with any part of the application or you're wondering what happens next, contact us --

Monday - Friday, 8am-4pm Field Administration Building, Room 122 BCC Financial Aid Office, 1350 West St., Pittsfield, MA 01201 Voice: 413-499-4660 or 800-816-1233 (in Mass. only), ext. 1644 FAX: 413-442-8930 (attn. Financial Aid Office)

Filing Dates

To get the most money you can qualify for at BCC, apply by May 1 each year. However, you could still receive aid even if you miss the May 1 priority filing date; we process applications year-round. You must re-apply every year as soon after January 1 as possible.

Items You Need to File a FAFSA 

You'll need income records for the year prior to the year you start school. For example, for the 2008/2009 academic year, you'll need 2007 information.

  • Social Security card and driver's license
  • Parents' Social Security number, if you're dependent
  • Federal income tax return
  • Your parents' federal income tax return, if you're dependent
  • Your W-2 form(s)
  • Parents' W-2 forms, if you're dependent
  • Records of untaxed income received such as Social Security, SSI, TAFDC, veteran's benefits, etc.
  • Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds, and other investments
  • Business or farm records, if applicable
  • Alien registration card (if you're not a U.S. citizen)

Save your documents, and if asked, be prepared to submit signed copies of them to the Financial Aid Office in case you're selected for verification.  

Now you're ready to apply!