MyBCC — Login Instructions & FAQs
What is MyBCC?
MyBCC is a single sign-on application which allows the BCC student, staff or faculty, to log in once to access important college information — email, online courses and calendars in Moodle, WebAdvisor account, and also see announcements and BCC events happening on campus.
You will also find tabs that will take you to the current College Catalog, Academic Support, Student Life information and BCC blogs. MyBCC is the best way to stay informed and connected!
Who is eligible for a MyBCC account?
MyBCC is available to new and continuing BCC students enrolled in credit courses beginning with the 2012 Spring semester, and also to faculty and staff. Non-credit students do not have access to MyBCC.
How do I activate my MyBCC account?
To log into MyBCC, visit www.berkshirecc.edu/mybcc.
- Your username is your Student ID (with the letter “s” in front of it). You will enter it this way: s0123456.
- Your initial password is the last six digits of your Social Security number. You will be prompted to change
your password to one of your own choosing. Your new password must be a minimum of
8 characters in length and contain both letters and numbers. (The old password is the last 6 digits of your Social Security number.)
What is my username for MyBCC?
- For students, the username is comprised of a lower case "s" plus your full student id (containing leading zeros).
- For faculty and staff, the username is your first initial and up to the first seven characters of the last name.
To find your username, visit this link. For new students, your initial password is the last 6 digits of your Social Security number.
Why isn't my MyBCC password working?
Your password should always work. If it's not working, check to make sure that caps lock is not selected and try it again. If you continue to have problems, please contact the IT Help Desk at 413-236-3004.
How can I reset my MyBCC password?
You can register to be able to reset your MyBCC password anytime by following the steps below:
- At the bottom left side of the MyBCC log in page, click on Register for Password Reset;
- Log in using your username and current password;
- Click on the Next button;
- Enter your password again;
- Answer at least 3 of the questions in order to register;
- Click on the Next button — you should have been taken to a Completed page.
Now if you ever need to reset your password:
- Go to the MyBCC login page;
- Click on Reset my Password in the lower left corner of this screen;
- Enter your username;
- Choose your new password.
Why do I get logged out?
On the MyBCC login page, when you enter your username and password, notice the Security option that allows you to choose:
- This is a public or shared computer (this allows for a 1-hour session; select this option if you are connecting from a public computer); or
- This is a private computer (this allows for a 6-hour session; select this option if you are the only person using this computer)
Can I access my Moodle class through MyBCC?
Yes. After you log in to MyBCC, locate the My Courses in Moodle area in the center of the page and click on the course. Courses will display beginning on the first day of your class.
Why am I getting an error message when I log in to Moodle from my MyBCC account?
Everyone will get the "login to Moodle failed..." message the first time they try to log into Moodle from their MyBCC account after setting or resetting their password.
The login to Moodle failed. SSO credentials for user "0#.w|berkshirecc\s0000000" could not be found in application "MoodleSSO" Enter your credentials.
Click Enter your Credentials and enter your MyBCC username and password.
What if I need help?
- IT Help Desk: For further assistance, please call 413-236-3004 or send an email to the IT Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name and a call back number.
- Computer Lab: Help will also be available during the semester in the Computer Lab located in F-102
Computer Lab hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM.
Additional hours when credit classes are in session:
Monday - Thursday, 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.