Academics + Service + Civic Engagement
Service-Learning is a unique opportunity that combines community service with techniques or concepts you learn in the classroom. Through this program, you’re able to earn course credit while participating in meaningful, real-world service projects that address needs in our community. Service-Learning also brings the community together, inspires positive change for the future, and allows you to enjoy the rewards of fulfilling your civic responsibility
As a BCC student, you’ll take part in 15 hours of hands-on service at local nonprofit organizations related to your coursework. In addition to receiving a service stipend of $11.13 per service hour, you’ll have the chance to:
- Experience hands-on learning—in a real-world setting.
- Solve real problems in your community.
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Explore career possibilities.
- Have fun, discover your strengths, and gain new skills.
- Earn recognition, awards, or scholarships to further your education.
A successful Service-Learning experience can lead to an excellent reference, internship, or even a job. Get involved today and be part of the change!
Choose from our full list of Service-Learning classes, and get involved with important community causes while earning class credit.
Where & How?
Find out about the different nonprofit organizations in our community who need your help.
Get in Touch
Interim Coordinator of Service-Learning