What is Burke's Fitness Battle
Burke's Fitness Battle is a team-based challenge that will help you stay active and
hopefully build your sense of community at BCC! Burke's Fitness Battle is open to
BCC students, faculty, and staff.
If you can't find a team fill out the Free Agent link below and we will try to help
you find one. Last semester we had 20 teams participate. This Fall Burke's Fitness
Battle will be a six week sprint starting September 20th!
Register a Team
Sign your team up today! Registration is FREE and open through September 20th.
Sign Up as a Free Agent
To sign up as a free agent and be placed on a team complete this short form!
Here is where you log activity. Recommended to do it on the daily!
- Battle begins on September 20th and ends October 29th
- Burke's Fitness Battle is open to BCC students, faculty, and staff
- Teams can have a maximum of 4 members
- Teams get a point for every day a member of their team logs a fitness activity
- All activity for the week must be logged by Sunday night
- Teams can get bonus points each week (see scoring below)
- Team scores will be updated on the Paterson webpage each Monday
- The three teams scoring the most points and the team who wins Burke's Spirit Award
will receive awesome prizes (see prizes below)
- Each team member can get 1 point a day by logging a fitness activity (see examples
of activity below)
- Each team can get 1 extra point per week by taking a photo of at least two teammates
doing something active together firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team that has the most teammates in their photos during 6 weeks of the Battle will
win Burke's Spirit Award
(Tie breaker will be Burke's Activity of the Week attendance)
- Team members can get one additional point by attending Burke's Activity of the Week.
Activity of the week will be posted on the Paterson website Friday night
- It should be noted a select few of Burke's Activities of the Week will only be open
to BCC Students
Activity is anything active that is a minimum thirty minutes in duration. Here are some examples of acceptable activity:
- 30 minute walk
- 30 minute hike
- Weight Lifting 20 minutes, Exercise Bike 20 minutes
- Raking leaves for 30 minutes
- Yoga Class
- First Place - Wireless earbuds
- Second Place - Under Armour Gear (top, bottom, and socks)
- Third Place - $50 gift card of your choice
- Burke's Spirit Award - $50 gift card of your choice
Teams cannot win 2 prizes
Team: SGA All Stars