Five Reasons to play sports at BCC
- Become a member of a team and improve your skills with a Coach.
- You'll compete against major colleges throughout the Northeast in the NIRSA, NCBBA and USTA-TF leagues.
- You don’t need to be a full-time student in order to participate in Club Sports. Each
league has its own credit requirement, so contact us before registering if you’re
interested in trying out for a Falcons team.
- Any age is welcome to play on the team. Whether you're right out of high school or
your returning to college after a few years, you're welcome to play!
- Flexible practice schedule. We understand that students have busy lives and can't
always make practices and game - here at BCC, that's okay.
Not to mention… The Pride of being a BCC Falcon!
For general information, membership details, or to sign up for Club Sports:
Phone: 413-236-1390 or 413-236-1670
Email: Eric Nystrom at email@example.com
BCC students may also sign up for one of the teams at the front desk at Paterson Field
In addition to traditional club sports, BCC also holds many hikes, snowshoe excursions,
trail bike rides, pick-up volleyball, indoor soccer, tennis, and intramural weightlifting,
that are open to students, faculty, and staff. Please check the Paterson Events page
or Club Sports facebook page for more information.
BCC’s Paterson Field House offers a wide variety of opportunities for both students
and the public (for a nominal membership fee) including: a basketball court, soccer
fields, a 5K cross country course, a fitness center, outdoor swimming pools and tennis
courts. Lockers are available for students (students must supply their own locks).
Club Sports Highlights
- There are currently 3 active Club Sports teams this semester: Basketball, Soccer,
and Track. On various semesters we’ve also had Cross Country, Volleyball, Wrestling,
Weightlifting, Tennis and Fencing. They all depend on student interest each school
- The Basketball Team joined the NCBBA (National Club Basketball Association) League
with a 20-game season from November through March, playing against colleges in the
New England West Conference, as well as independent club teams, such as: Fairfield
University, Sacred Heart University, Williams College, Skidmore College, and Marist
- The Falcons are starting a Tennis Club team with Coach Weinstein which will be a member
of the NIRSA League and sponsored by the USTA, competing against colleges throughout
the Northeast. They use the outdoor Tennis Courts at Paterson Field House at BCC for
- The Track team has indoor meets starting in January and outdoor meets beginning in
April with their entire season running through July. They compete throughout the Northeast
in meets against other colleges representing all athletic divisions.
- Some of our club sports alums have recently graduated from BCC and competed at other
schools in their sport. Edson Chipalo went on to run Cross Country and Track at The
College of St. Rose, Joe Wiggins and Keiland Cross are playing basketball at MCLA
after leading our Falcons to victory many times, and Louis Anwobor played in 6 professional
soccer games overseas in Denmark this past summer. Go Falcons!
Club Basketball Team
- In the Falcons first season in the NCBBA League, they finished with an overall record
of 10-8 for 2017-2018. They finished in 3rd place in the New England – West Conference
which included teams such as Fairfield, Sacred Heart, Skidmore, Trinity, and more.
- Have recorded wins this season and last season over: Montclair State, Skidmore, Clark
University, Paul Smith’s College, Goodwin College, and Simon’s Rock.
- Seven returning players from last year making an impact: Jerry McDonough (who led
team in assists), Scott Steinman, Tanner Hanford, Madison Greiner, James Cimini, Paul
Jones, & Chris Harrington.
- The Falcons had a strong performance at the NIRSA Regional Tournament held at UMASS
Amherst. They reached the semi-finals and lost a close game to Northeastern. They
did grab wins over Goodwin, University of Albany, & more to reach the play-offs. Starter
Anthony Reinhold won All-Tournament Team honors.
- NCBBA Conference
Club Soccer Team
- The BCC Falcons Soccer team is in its 3rd year in the NIRSA League as part of the
Region 1 Conference in the Greater Berkshire Division. Other teams in our division
are: Amherst College, Keene State, RPI, UMASS, University of Albany, and more.
- It was a challenging but fun Fall 2017 season, and the Falcons recorded wins over
Union College, Landmark College, and Simon’s Rock College.
- Their Spring 2018 season will include games vs Yale University & other colleges in
the Northeast and participation in the SoccerFest Tournament at UMASS Amherst in April.
- Veteran players Luke Chambers, Mohamed Fofana, Thien Nguyen, Iolani deRis, Zhiling
Liang, Sam Akumfi, and Eric Behanzin provided leadership on the team during their
12-game Fall 2017 season.
- NIRSA Conference
Indoor/Outdoor Track & Field
- The Falcons Track and Field team will be participating in 7 meets in the Spring 2018
semester being held at colleges such as: Holy Cross, Fitchburg State, West Point,
Regis College, University of Albany, and more throughout the Northeast.
- We have athletes that compete in events such as: Sprints, Distances, Javelin, Hurdles,
Long Jump, Triple Jump, and relays.
- Returning Track Captain Iolani deRis, who won several meets last year with Javelin,
is returning, with her best throw recorded last season at 37.52m.
- The athletes compete in the USATF-NE league throughout the season and we had several
Track team members qualify for the Bay State Games Open Division last July.