New Student Orientation
Congratulations on your decision to attend BCC! Come learn about the services we offer, take a tour of the campus, and register for classes. Limited space available in some sessions.
Attend any event below and you will receive a free gift!
Phone: 413-236-1603 Tina Schettini
Please contact Student Engagement Center if you are a person that needs special assistance for this event.
Attention New Students - check out BCC's new Learning Communities, an opportunity for students and faculty to form connections in a supportive academic environment of curiosity and growth.
**PLEASE NOTE: You only need to choose at least one of the two available types of orientation options below.
New Student Orientation and Student Registration Dates:
- June 28, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Location start, SBA Lounge (only 16 seats available)
- August 9, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Location start, G-12. (REGISTRATION FULL)
New Student Orientation College Success Sessions
These events are led by the College's Orientation leaders and offer new students interactive tours and useful college resources to ensure students are ready for their first day of classes.
June 22, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – College Success Session & Interactive Campus Tour. Location: The Connector
July 20, 4:00-5:00 p.m. - College Success Session via Zoom Join Zoom Meeting
July 21, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – College Success Session & Interactive Campus Tour. Location: The Connector
August 10, 12:00-2:00 p.m. – College Success Session & Interactive Campus Tour p.m. Location: The Connector
August 30 9:00-10:00 a.m. – College Success Session via Zoom Join Zoom Meeting
- September 1, 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. Location start, The Connector
These New Student Orientation and Student Registration events, limited to 16 seats per day, are in collaboration with Academic Advising and Student Engagement, check out the agenda and the dates below:
- College Success Strategies
- Technology Overview
- Career & Transfer Resources
- Financial Aid
- Athletics & Recreation on Campus
- Interactive Campus Tour
- Advising & Course Registration
- Boxed Lunch
Register for one of these New Student Orientation dates below:
Other New Student Orientation Summer Events:
Faculty Class sit-ins:
- June 14 & June 16, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m., Fundamentals of Biology with Gina Foley (limit 5 students) Location: H416
- June 13 & June 15, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Fine Arts Drawing 1 with Lisa Griffith (limit 5 students) Location: K118
- June 16, 6:45-7:00 p.m. Massage Therapy with Judy Gawron and 15-minute chair massage. Followed by an opportunity to experience a part of class from 7:15-7:40 pm (limit 5 students)
RSVP will be required for all faculty class sit ins. The first five students to email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve their spot will reserve their seat.
|Scheduled Campus Tours||Forum opportunities|
|Financial Aid Workshops||Technology Clinics @ The Digital Commons|
Through the campus events calendar below, you will find College Success Sessions - held all summer long (check out the calendar from June - August for dates) - and many first week events and on-campus events. Just click through the calendar of events below:
For TRIO Students:
TRIO (Talent, Resources, Initiative, Opportunity) Student Support Services is a FREE federally funded program under the U.S. Department of Education, established to assist students from first-generation, low-income backgrounds, and students with disabilities to find college success. Interested in learning more about TRiO and participating in their summer events series? Check out their calendar of events on their webpage.