Empowering Students, Enhancing Equity and Promoting a Culture of Inclusion
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) provides accommodations and support services to students with disabilities and serves as a resource for faculty and staff to create learning environments that are usable, equitable, inclusive and welcoming. We value inclusion and equal access to our programs and activities and are committed to a climate of mutual respect and full participation.
Accommodations & Support Services
We offer a variety of services to meet your individual needs. Some of the services
we offer include:
- Individual orientation to familiarize you with our campus
- Pre-admission counseling to get you on track with the right programs and services
- Assistance with registration to make sure you’re in the right class
- Assistance in obtaining note takers or recording devices for class lectures
- Help in acquiring your textbooks and course materials in alternative formats
- Extended testing time and related accommodations
- Sign language interpreter services
- Adaptive computing and assistive technology
- Liaison with faculty, campus offices and community agencies to help pave the way to college success
How Do I Access Services?
The determination of accommodations and support services requires an interactive process between information you share with us, the technical standards of your major, specific course expectations and information contained in your disability documentation. To access services, please:
- Submit an application for disability services
- Provide us with current documentation of your disability
- Contact us to schedule an appointment
Meet with us and let us know about your plans, educational goals and disability-related needs so, together, we can develop your accommodation plan.
Pamela Farron, Coordinator
Disability Resource Center
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Reception Desk – SBA 118
We are working remotely for the 2020-2021 academic year, but are still providing the same great services! We will meet with you via Zoom video conference or by telephone. Please contact us for an appointment.