Welcome to the BCC Admissions Office
Berkshire Community College — Placing Higher Education within Reach
The Admissions Office provides information about BCC to prospective students, and helps guide them through the admissions process. The Admissions Advising Staff is also available to evaluate and process any external credits obtained from other institutions, exams, or prior life experience via the Transfer-In Credit Policy.
Berkshire Community College has a rolling admission policy. As completed applications are received, decisions are made on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Students may begin their coursework for most programs in the fall, spring or summer.
We encourage you to become an active participant in your unique admissions process, as it will involve a number of offices and paperwork. The Admissions Process Checklist will help get you organized and give you the critical information that you need.
As an entering first-year student, you may have questions about academics, financial aid, support services, getting involved, and finding important academic resources. We encourage you to be in contact with your Admissions Advising Staff throughout the application and enrollment process.Admission Policy and Requirements
Students who want to enroll in one of BCC’s degree or certificate programs, whether full- or part-time, must be admitted to the college. Requirements for admission include:
- an official high school transcript that includes senior grades and graduation date; OR
- official college transcripts, from a regionally accredited institution, demonstrating 60 or more credits; OR
- a Massachusetts High School Equivalency Credential official score report and certificate.
- Application for Admission to BCC
- Admissions Process
- Immunization Requirements
- Financial Aid Information
- International Students Admission information
- Fall 2015 Student Orientation (took place on September 3, 2015)
- Admission Office
Pittsfield, Main Campus, Room F-114 — Field Administration Center, 1st floor
- South County Center in Great Barrington
343 Main Street, Great Barrington, MA
Students who have previously attended BCC and are returning after a lapse of one semester or more must apply for readmission to the college. Most students who miss a single semester will be readmitted under their prior program requirements. All other students are readmitted under the requirements currently in effect. Students must consult the Admissions Office about readmission procedures.