Berkshire Community College's Summer Transition Program
for new students interested in health care professions
Now is the time to get started with BCC's College Connection Program!
College Connection is a two-week orientation program that will help you learn more
about Berkshire Community College and its pathways to health related careers. It
also provides you with opportunities to improve/brush up on the math and English skills
you will need during your first semester and includes orientation activities that
will make the transition to BCC a smooth and successful one.
Why College Connection?
- The transition to BCC is both exciting and a little scary. College Connection will help you to get to know the campus, meet faculty and staff, learn study strategies, and have fun with other pre-health students just like you.
- You'll have a chance to explore careers and start on a path to a career in health
- Best of all, IT'S FREE! We pay for all the materials you will need during the week including lunch
- After attending the program, you'll earn a free course voucher for any three-credit course taken in spring of 2016.
- activities designed to help you learn about the opportunities for the different health professions
- guest speakers and career information
- hands-on medical simulation activities
- hands-on exploration of various aspects of fitness health
- math refresher/prep classes
- writing and reading workshops
- team-building and study skills workshops
- activities to help you get to know the campus and its resources
All materials and supplies are provided free of charge
- Best of all, you'll have time to get to know other students, making your transition to college much easier!!
When is it?