Contact: Louise Hurwitz
Berkshire Community College's Summer Transition Program for new students interested in health care professions
Now is the time to get started with BCC's College Connection Program!
College Connection is a two-week orientation program that will help you learn more
about Berkshire Community College and its pathways to health related careers. It
also provides you with opportunities to improve/brush up on the math and English skills
you will need during your first semester and includes orientation activities that
will make the transition to BCC a smooth and successful one.
Why College Connection?
- The transition to BCC is both exciting and a little scary. College Connection will help you to get to know the campus, meet faculty and staff, learn study strategies, and have fun with other pre-health students just like you.
- You'll have a chance to explore careers and start on a path to a career in health
- Best of all, IT'S FREE! We pay for all the materials you will need during the week including lunch
- After attending the program, you'll earn a free course voucher for any three-credit course taken in spring of 2016.
- activities designed to help you learn about the opportunities for the different health professions
- guest speakers and career information
- hands-on medical simulation activities
- hands-on exploration of various aspects of fitness health
- math refresher/prep classes
- writing and reading workshops
- team-building and study skills workshops
- activities to help you get to know the campus and its resources
All materials and supplies are provided free of charge
- Best of all, you'll have time to get to know other students, making your transition to college much easier!!
When is it?