Overview: Important Due Dates for 2019-2020 Service-Learning
Due Date(s) Event/Requirement Responsible Party
|September 3 (Open Enrollment)||Service-Learning Interest Form||Site Leader/ Community Partner|
|October 1||Service-Learning Sign up Deadline||Student|
|October 4||CORI/SORI Submission Deadline||Student|
|October 4||SL Project Agreement Due||Student|
|December 2 - December 6||Student Evaluation Due||Student|
|December 9 - December 13||Community Evaluation Due||Site Leader/ Community Partner|
|Weekly Email by 3:00 PM Each Friday||Service Hours Logs||Student|
Get Started with Service Learning
All Service-Learning participants must complete this Service-Learning Interest Form and attend one orientation session to be eligible for Service-Learning classroom credit in 2019-2020. We have multiple service sites that benefit the community and this information will better prepare us to find a match to fit your needs.
Service-Learning Orientation dates and times are listed below. Meet Service-Learning stakeholders, learn about program requirements, initiate required paperwork, and explore expectations for site visits. All Spring '19 sessions will take place in G-12 (classroom next to cafeteria vending machines):
**NOTE: Service-Learning Orientation is relocated to the BCC Cafeteria Alcove across
from SBA G-12
The deadline to sign up for Service-Learning is Tuesday, October 1st at 5:00 PM.
Service-Learning Project Agreement
- Purpose: Outlines your learning goals for your Service-Learning project.
- When: Must work through your learning goals with your faculty instructor and the guidance of the Service-Learning Coordinator prior to your first day of service on your site.
- Review your project responsibilities within the agreement with your site supervisor on your
NOTE: You must obtain all signatures before you can receive full Service Learning credit.
- Project Contracts are due to the Service-Learning Office by Friday, October 4th.
For a final signature*, deliver your contracts to:
Field Administration Building, F-114
*Missing this deadline, or failure to receive an extension, means you cannot participate in Service-Learning this semester.
Service-Learning Assessment Requirements
- Purpose: Service-Learning is committed to advancing the missions of organizations that serve the community. Additionally, your feedback on your Service-Learning experience helps us shape our program to make it the best fit for our students.
- Weekly Service Hours Logs: Develop accountability by tracking service hours worked by student. Email electronic copy to Service-Learning Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, each Friday no later than 3:00 PM. Participants may email a picture copy with your site supervisor's signature.
- Reflection Questions/Classroom Requirements: Faculty instructors will measure student learning by asking students to reflect on their experiences while engaging with the community at the sites. These can be weekly or mid-term journaling, or end of semester capstone project.
- Community Evaluation: Feedback on student volunteer performance by the Site Supervisor.
- Student Experience Survey: Complete a survey outlining and evaluating your experience on site and the Service-Learning process.