Students must submit a College application and a Physical Therapist Assistant Matriculation Form to the College's Admissions Office to be eligible for consideration for admission into the Program.
Students who meet all admission requirements are accepted in the PTA program on a space available basis at any time. Those who do not initially qualify for the program may become eligible through BCC's Pre-PTA Health Science program.
The sequence of PTA courses begins in the fall semester. Interested students are urged to consult the program advisor and to work on prerequisites and required courses during semesters when PTA courses are not offered.
Admission requirements include:
- completion of ENG-020 and ENG-060, if applicable;
- completion of MAT-029 or MAT-029C (Math 800 series) or MAT-136, if applicable;
- completion within 5 years of current application, college level Biology or Anatomy and Physiology with a "C" or better or completion of a high school biology course, with a "C" or better, that qualifies the student to take BIO-201.
- graduation from high school with an average of "B" (80%) or ranked in the upper third of the graduating class; or completion of a minimum of 10 credits of college-level PTA support courses with a grade C or better;
- completion of 20 hours of documented clinical observation in a physical therapy setting.
BCC will not admit students concurrently into any two of the following degree or certificate programs: Physical Therapist Assistant, Respiratory Care, LPN or nursing.