The empowerment model of self-defense training was defined by feminist activists in the 1970s. The movement made important strides against gender-based violence, helping individuals develop easy-to-use techniques and learn how to:
- Avoid danger and de-escalate conflict
- Increase confidence in participating in social and economic systems
- Increase self-efficacy in problem-solving
- Build physical self defense skills
- Address violence that is most likely to occur in individual settings (e.g., school, home, workplace)
April 4 – May 4, 2023
Tuesdays and Thursdays
3 – 4:30 p.m.
BCC Patterson Basketball Court
$130 per person for the full five-week program or purchase weekly passes for $26.
For more information about the program, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BCC is committed to providing universal access to all our events. Please contact Tiffany Moreno at email@example.com by March 31 to request disability accommodations.