More than 175 scholarships totaling at least $350,000 are available for Berkshire Community College (BCC) students. The BCC Foundation provides scholarships for students entering the college, returning for another year, or graduating and transferring from BCC.
Awards range from $250 to full tuition and fees and are based on both academic merit and financial need. Many scholarships place importance on community service, specific career goals, and individual characteristics.
You must be enrolled or accepted into a degree or certificate program, and planning to take at least six credits next semester in order to apply. Current BCC students must have a minimum cumulative 2.00 grade-point average (GPA) to be eligible.
Complete the online application, which includes providing a photo, brief biography and, for returning students, questions about your BCC experience so far. Be prepared to upload a current transcript and submit a request for a reference to a faculty member, advisor or employer.
- The scholarship program will automatically match you to available awards and allows you to monitor the status of your application and references online.
- Based on your answers, you may also see additional recommended opportunities you are qualified for, and the award amounts. To be considered for those awards you may be required to answer one or more additional questions.
- Scholarship recipients are notified by email to your MyBCC address. Check your BCC email.
- If awarded, accept your scholarship and submit a thank-you note online.
- This is all linked with MyBCC and your BCC email so there is no need to remember additional passwords.
When to Apply
The application period for BCC Scholarships opens every February.
Current and Returning Students:
Feb. 8 – March 9, 2023 by 4 p.m.
Feb. 8 – Dec. 1, 2023
Applications from new students or those students returning to BCC after more than a two-year absence who have not earned a previous degree will be accepted on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted or Dec. 1, whichever is earlier.
Recipients will be notified in mid-May and December about awards.