PTA Pinning Ceremony
Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
You're invited to join us in celebrating the 2021 Physical Therapist Assistant class
by watching their pinning ceremony online!
How to join:
- The ceremony will be broadcast on Spectrum Cable Channel 1302 in Pittsfield, Dalton and Richmond, MA.
- You can also view the ceremony on the PCTV app (available at www.pittsfieldtv.org, or by download on Roku or AppleTV devices).
- Finally, PCTV will host a livestream of the pinning ceremony on the PCTV Facebook page.
After the ceremony, an archive link will also be available to stream on the PCTV website.
We look forward to celebrating our outstanding graduates with you!
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) provides a unique form of medical treatment, where
science and art become one, and patients are given individualized care. PTA is deeply
rooted in scientific knowledge and theory. But, it is the personal interactions with
patients, family members, and other health care providers that require creativity
and flexibility on the therapist's part. PTAs work in diverse settings which include
hospitals, private PT practices, community health agencies, schools, pediatric facilities,
nursing homes, industrial or corporate health facilities and rehabilitation centers.
It is the diversity that makes the field of physical therapy interesting and enticing
for many students.
When I started the PTA program at BCC I had no idea how largely it would impact my
life. The challenge it gave me made learning exciting, while also building my confidence
as a student and future clinician. Leaving BCC left me with lifelong connections and
better prepared me for my future educational opportunities than I believe any other
program would have. I am so privileged to have been a part of such a life changing
experience and recommend anyone thinking of their future career in the health field
to take a serious look at BCC."
Program graduates are eligible to take the national examination to be licensed as
a Physical Therapist Assistant.
The College enrolls up to 20 students each Fall who have applied to the PTA program
through the PTA Matriculation Form. Non-designated PTA courses can be taken while waiting to enter the Program. Please
review the PTA Matriculation Form in the College Catalog for more information about admission into the program.
Essential functions are skills needed to work as a PTA. All students in the PTA program
are expected to be able to perform these skills with our without accommodations.
More information about the PTA program, including course requirements and recommended
schedules, is available in the College Catalog.
PTA College Catalog Page
JOB GROWTH & WAGES
The median annual wage for physical therapist assistants was $58,520 in May 2019. Overall employment of physical therapist assistants is projected to grow 30 percent
from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for physical
therapy is expected to increase in response to the healthcare needs of an older population
and individuals with chronic conditions, such as diabetes and obesity.
Potential Job Titles
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Rehabilitation Manager
- MA College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) - BS in Health Science (Pre-PT Concentration)
- Russel Sage College - Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- American International College - Doctorate in Physical Therapy
Two Year Outcome Rates for 2019-2021
(2019–2021 represents class of 2019 and 2021)
- Graduation Rate: 74.2%
- First Time Licensure Examination Pass Rate: 89.5%
- Ultimate licensure examination pass rate: 100%
- Employment rate: 100%
Graduation and Licensure pass rates:
1st Time Licensure Pass Rate
Ultimate Licensure Pass Rate
Class of 2019
Class of 2021
LOCAL AND REGIONAL EMPLOYERS
- Albany Medical
- Barnwell Nursing & Rehab Center
- Baystate Franklin Rehab Services
- Baystate Medical Center
- Bennington Health & Rehab Care
- Bennington Physical Therapy
- Berkshire Meadows
- Berkshire Medical Center
- Berkshire PT & Wellness
- Center for Disability Services
- Columbia Memorial Hospital
- Columbia Physical Therapy
- Community Health Programs
- Crescent Manor Care Center
- Dempsey Physical Therapy
- Fairview Hospital
- Gateway PT
- Gentiva Home Care
- Glens Falls Hospital
- Greylock PT
- Health South
- Hillcrest Commons
- Metzger & Mole
- New England Wellness Works Noble Hospital
- Novacare Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Developmental Center
- Public Schools
- Springside Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Sweetbrook Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Timberland Heights Skilled Nursing
- Tri PT
- United Cerebral Palsy of the Berkshires
- VNA of the Berkshires
Students must complete two additional Health Fitness credits to graduate. The number
of semester credits can be adjusted based on student needs.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Berkshire Community College is accredited
by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac
Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (413)236-4525
or email firstname.lastname@example.org .