The goal of Berkshire Community College's (BCC) Liberal Arts program is to develop students' foundational knowledge and skills through a wide variety of academic disciplines, preparing them for a successful transfer to a four-year institution, lucrative opportunities in the workforce, and informed engagement in their communities. Through the study of subjects like history, science, languages, mathematics, and the arts, this program fosters independently motivated, complex thinkers who are able to affect positive change in the overlapping contexts of community, politics, family life, the workplace and society.
If you are a student who:
- Wants to prepare for an ever-changing job market: The Liberal Arts program gives you transferable skills that employers value across many fields.
- Plans to transfer to a four-year institution: Our program gives you the flexibility to explore your options, focus your interests, and gain foundational knowledge in a wide range of disciplines.
- Is interested in creating social and political change in your community: The program gives you the theoretical, historical, civic and social knowledge to impact community life.
- Isn't sure about a specific career path: This program provides you with a solid foundation and time to explore courses in the arts and sciences.
- Appreciates interdisciplinary learning: The program provides you with a framework for developing connections between a wide range of fields.