NOTE: Asset Essentials is only usable by BCC faculty and staff, students do not have access to Asset Essentials.
Have a light bulb that needs replacing, a room painted, or perhaps a bigger project? Asset Essentials is the system used by Facilities at BCC to receive and track work order requests. Here's how to submit a Facilities request with Asset Essentials.
TIP: Here's a direct link to login to Asset Essentials.
View this 2 minute video demonstration or follow the written instructions.
- From within the MyBCC portal, click the link to Asset Essentials.
- Click on My Requests on the left side, then click the +New button.
- Fill out the form completely:
- Select a Work Category from the drop down menu.
- Select a building from Location drop down by searching in the Name field and pressing enter. Type in an Area/Room # if needed.
- Type a detailed description in the Work requested box.
- Optional step: Upload a document or image to help explain the request.
- In the upper left corner click the Save button.
Note: You might have to scroll back up to the top of the page to see the Save button.
Tip: Email updates will be sent as the status of the ticket changes or if the ticket is closed.