The Business Option of the Computer Information Systems Programming certificate emphasizes the C++ programming language, as well as some basic business, math and science courses. Graduates of this program may be employed as programmers using one of the following computer languages: C++, or (if selected as a professional elective) Java or HTML/XTML. Graduates will also have 19 – 29 credits toward the Computer Information Systems – Business Systems Option A.S. degree.
Programming – Business Program Overview
Graduates of this program should be able to:
- Apply fundamental concepts of programming languages and software development to solve a diverse array of problems and recognize these concepts in different languages;
- Depending on the elective track:
- Analyze business problems through data analysis;
- Create viable solutions through the use of technology;
- Apply computer and networking methods, procedures and principles, and use equipment and software for the purpose of installing, troubleshooting and maintaining LANs (local area networks);
- Communicate clearly, accurately and succinctly through written and verbal means; and
- Transition into the Computer Information Systems A.S. degree program with either the networking or science option.