Question, Persuade and Refer (QPR)
Students: Be part of BCC's safety net — and get a $100 gift card!
Just as it's helpful to have lots of people in all walks of life know CPR, so that they can intervene and save a life if someone is having a cardiac event, it's also helpful to have people around who are able to intervene when friends, family, fellow students, and colleagues are depressed, may be thinking of suicide, and need support.
Berkshire Community College (BCC) is happy to offer a free online training that takes less than an hour to complete. The training will teach you the three simple steps of Question, Persuade and Refer, that anyone can take to help someone who is thinking of suicide.
How It Works
- Set up your account
- Go to QPR Training.
- Enter the organization code BERKSHIRECC.
- Select "Create Account."
- Complete and submit the registration form.
- QPR will display your newly created username and password, and it will also be emailed to you.
- Log in and take the course
- Claim your reward!
- Within a few business days of completing your training, you'll receive an email from Lori Kays asking you to tell us which gift card you would like, and letting you know when you can come by the Personal Counseling office in the SBA building to retrieve it.