Berkshire Community College (BCC), in partnership with the Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires, announces the creation of a Development Associate Certificate program, now accepting up to 20 students. Conducted online, ten sessions will be held on Tuesdays, February 1 through April 5, 2022 from 6 pm-7:30 pm. Liana Toscanini, executive director of the Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires, joins guest instructors. Tuition is $700. To register, visit www.berkshirecc.edu/development-associate.
As the region's leading workforce training partner, BCC joins forces with the Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires, the area’s premier provider of professional development for nonprofit leaders and staff. In a nod to the large nonprofit presence in the Berkshires, the course explores the roles and responsibilities of entry-level fundraising professionals, as well as resources and insights into fundraising as a career path. Topics covered include donor relations, grant writing, event planning, donor databases, marketing and more.
The ten courses include:
- Overview of the Development Field, Career Path and Skills: Alexandra Heddinger, Development Director, Community Access to the Arts (CATA)
- Donor Relations: Kevin Fleming, Founder & CEO, Prosper Nonprofit Advisors
- Donor Databases: Amy Chin, Owner Principal, Berkshire Net Results
- Administration, Social Media and Communications: Mary Vasquez-Slack, Local and Virtual Assistant, My Versatile Secretary
- Grant Writing and Research: Laurie Werner, Consultant, Strategy and Fundraising for Nonprofits
- Federal Grant Writing: Diane Gedeon-Martin, President, The Write Source
- Facebook/Social Media Apps: Mary McGurn, Owner, McGurn Media
- Event Planning: Amy Rudnick, Event Planner Consultant
- Donor Research: Roger Magnus, Owner, Roger Magnus Research
- Marketing & Development Go Hand-in-Hand: Liana Toscanini, Founder and Executive Director, Nonprofit Center of the Berkshires