Emergency Notification System
BCC has installed an Emergency Notification System (ENS) that quickly sends messages to all registered users via cell phone email, text message and regular phone lines.
Available to BCC students, faculty and staff, the ENS notifies registered users directly about school closings and other time-sensitive situations. A notification will immediately be sent out upon the confirmation of a significant emergency or dangerous situation involving an immediate threat to the campus. In the event of a serious or ongoing threat, BCC Administrators will issue a "timely warning."
To receive ENS messages, log into your BCC WebAdvisor account and fill in your contact information in the "Emergency Notification" link under "User Account." For more assistance, please contact the IT HelpDesk at IT_Help_Desk@berkshirecc.edu or 413-236-3004.
In the event of severe weather or closings:
- The decision for weather related closings will be based not only on the conditions of the parking lots, but also on the conditions of access roads, both in north and south counties, and by considering information gathered through consultation with appropriate state, county and local officials.
- Whenever possible, the decision will be made prior to 6 a.m. for day classes and activities and prior to 3 p.m. for evening classes and activities.
- If no announcement is made, assume the College is open.
On occasion, due to inclement weather or other emergency, it may be necessary to delay the opening of the College. In that event, the following procedures will be incorporated:
Whenever possible, delays will be announced on the College telephone (413-499-4660), website, social media, MyBCC app, through the Emergency Notification System, and local media by 6 a.m.
- In the event of a delay, the College will generally open at the top of the hour (e.g. 9:00, 10:00, etc.).
- Class start times will be communicated via the Emergency Notification System.
- Any classes that were scheduled to start prior to the stated opening time will be considered canceled.
In the event of an emergency, the decision for closing will be based on the safety and consideration for BCC students and employees.