Berkshire Community College (BCC) is excited to announce the hiring of new deans, directors and staff on campus, including:
Kevin Bechard is the new Dean of Business and Outreach. Bechard comes to the College from Manchester Community College in Connecticut where he was faculty and Department Chair of Business, Paralegal and Technology. He has his master’s degree in business administration and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Hartford.
Dr. Laurie Gordy is the new Dean of Humanities, Behavioral & Social Sciences. Gordy was previously faculty and Dean of Academic Affairs (and Interim Chief Academic Officer) at Newbury College. Just prior, she was Assistant Dean of Liberal Arts at Northern Essex Community College. Gordy received her doctoral and her master’s degree from University of Connecticut and her bachelor’s degree from Washington College.
Daryl Shreve has been hired as the Director of Recreational Services. Shreve previously worked as the Assistant Director of Competitive Sports at Illinois State University. Shreve will oversee Paterson Field House, including the Fitness Center, Soccer Fields, the Gene Dellea Community Turf Field, the Paul E. Raverta Tennis Complex, Swimming Pool, and club sports. Shreve has his master’s degree in higher education from Boston College and his bachelor’s degree from Drake University.
Kelly Robertson is the Recreation Facilities Supervisor at Paterson Field House. Robertson is a graduate of BCC, and has been promoted from her previous position working part-time at Paterson Field House.
In addition to these new hires, the following faculty or staff have new positions at the College:
- Frank Schickor remains the Interim Dean of STEM & Allied Health. Frank had stepped into the role after the passing of Charlie Kaminski, who had served as the dean, earlier this year. He had previously held the positon of Professor of Environmental & Life Sciences at the College.
- Lori Moon has been named the Interim Dean of Nursing. Moon previously worked as a faculty member at the College as an Assistant Professor of Nursing and helped to oversee the Licensed Practical Nursing Program.
- Lauren Goodman is the new Dean of Teaching & Learning Innovation. Previously, she was the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Laura Saldarini is the new Director of Academic Operations. Previously, she was the Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Julie Hannum is the new Director of Continuing Education and South County Programs. Previously, she was the Director of Off-Campus Sites.
- Kirsten Wanamaker is now working in Academic Affairs as a Clerk. Previously, she was working for the Workforce Development department.
- Liz Puntin is now working in Enrollment Services as a Clerk. Previously, she was working in the Testing department.
- Renee Huyghue is now working as an Administrative Assistant in Enrollment Services. Previously, she was working in Student Financial Services.
- Norah Beauregard is now working as the Administrative Assistant in Marketing. Previously, she was working as the Administrative Assistant to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at BCC.
- Jonah Sykes has been promoted to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications. Previously, he was the Manager of Marketing and Communications.