The 53rd pinning ceremony of Berkshire Community College’s Associate degree in nursing (ADN) program was celebrated Tuesday evening, May 24, in the College’s Robert Boland Theatre in the Koussevitzky Arts Center. Susan Gazzillo, BHS Administrative Director for Cancer and Infusion Services, Berkshire Health Systems, addressed the students.
The ceremony is a time-honored nursing school tradition, dating back before the turn of the twentieth century. Traditionally, nursing students have conducted an Honors or Pinning Ceremony to mark the passage of student nurse role to practice role. It is a momentous event that is shared with family, friends, faculty and others important to the students’ education.
The ceremony, sponsored by BCC’s Student Nurse Organization, honored the following students who graduated on May 24, 2022:
- Beckett, MA: Bridget McCarty
- Canaan, CT: Kaitlynn Huften
- Cheshire, MA: Amber Lesure
- Dalton, MA: Samantha Miller, Theresa Quagliano, Deborah Stokes
- Florida, MA: Katelyn Furlon, Erynn Gleason
- Great Barrington, MA: George Fiadjoe
- Housatonic, MA: Heather Corcoran
- Lee, MA: Cassidy Crawford
- North Adams, MA: Caleb Appleton, Kathy Languirand, Bethani Rodriguez, Ronald Sage, Whitney Stengl, Jacqueline Tessier, Craig Williams
- Otis, MA: Brittany Kergaravat
- Peru, MA: Cassidy Brewer, Kristin Burke
- Pittsfield, MA: Barbara Addy-Ocran, Irma Brouillard, Lindsay Curry, Allina DiNicola, Alyssa Dunham, Stacey Ellery, Hannah Gold, Sarah Goodrich, Rhianna Graham, Brittany Isabelle, Meagan Jones, Diana Leibinger, Mikki Lennon, Heather Marsh, Katherine Morton, Genavieve Quetti, Nataliia Riva, Ernestina Sackey, Meagan Sheridan, Kelsey Stimpson, Amanda Wass, Melissa Williams, Jessica Zerbato
- Sandisfield, MA: Emily Deming
- Southfield, MA: Kylie Ruane
- Springfield, MA: Shameka Hackman, Xiomara Serrano-Guzman
- Stephentown, NY: James Fuller
- Stockbridge, MA: Emily Boino
- Tyringham, MA: Kyle DeSantis
- Whitingham, VT: Brittany Condon
- Williamstown, MA: Maryblessing Nnodim
For more information about BCC Allied Health and Nursing programs, call the Admissions Office at (413) 236-1630.