Institutional Response to Reported Incidents
Upon receiving a report of any criminal activity, injury, or accident, security will respond by interviewing the reporting individual for details of the incident and will complete an incident report which is reviewed by the Director of Safety & Security. Copies of incident reports are kept in the office of the Vice President of Administration and Finance. A daily Crime Log is maintained in the Security Office and made available to the public.
The Security Officer on duty can often respond to an incident by taking such actions as asking a person to leave the campus, or intervening to disperse participants in an incident. In the event of medical emergencies, security or another first responder can contact an ambulance to transport the victim to the hospital. Security works with the Massachusetts State Police in reporting incidents of criminal activity. The Massachusetts State police conduct their own investigation, keeping college officials apprised of the status and dispensation of each case. In the case of incidents or complaints regarding maintenance of buildings and grounds, college staff addresses the concern in response to a Maintenance Request Form completed by the responding Security Officer.
Crime Awareness & Prevention Programming
Programs on personal safety and crime prevention are sponsored by various campus organizations throughout the year. FORUM programs are advertised through flyers or brochures and posted on bulletin boards. During Crime Prevention Month (September), safety tips are offered on BCC’s Facebook as well as in the publication “The Stall.” Campus Security provides table top information during college events such as Orientation and the Welcome Back BBQ.
In an ongoing effort to inform students, faculty and staff about safe practice procedures which encourage students and employees to be responsible for their own security and the security of others, the college periodically offers Forums and appropriate presentations from off-campus professionals. Our security staff promotes their services at campus events such as Student Orientation and the Welcome-Back BBQ.
Sexual Assault Survivor Contact Information
In the event that you are a victim of sexual assault on campus, first and foremost, get yourself into a place of safety, call one or more of the following:
- Campus Security at 499-4660, Ext. 6100 to report the incident and receive prompt assistance.
The following is a list of Rape Crisis Centers in Massachusetts. As the following contact information may be subject to change, current contact information on rape crisis centers in Massachusetts can be found at the Commonwealth’s Executive Office of Health and Human Services’ Website under “Consumer” information at http://www.mass.gov/eohhs.
Greater Boston Area
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, Cambridge, 617-492-7273 Hotline, 617-492-6434
- North Shore Rape Crisis Center, Beverly, 800-922-8772 Hotline, 978-921-8729
- Rape Crisis Services of Greater Lowell, 800-542-5212 Hotline, 978-452-8723
- YWCA of Greater Lawrence, 877-509-9922 SA Hotline, 978-686-8840
- Rape Crisis Center of Central Mass., Worcester, 800-870-5905 Hotline, 508-852-7600
- Rape Crisis Center of Central Mass., Fitchburg, 800-870-5905
- Wayside Victim Services, Milford, 800-511-5070 Hotline, 508-478-4205
- Voices Against Violence, Framingham, 800-593-1125 Hotline, 508-626-8686
- Independence House, Hyannis, 800-439-6507 Hotline, 508-778-6782
- Women Support Services, Vineyard Haven, 508-696-7233
- Greater New Bedford Women Center, New Bedford, 888-839-6636 Hotline
- New Hope, Attleboro, 800-323-4673 Hotline/TTY
- Stanley Street Women Center, Fall River, 508-675-0087 Hotline, 508-673-3328
- Womansplace Crisis Center, Brockton, 508-588-8255 SA Hotline, 508-894-2869
- Elizabeth Freeman Center, Pittsfield, 413-443-0089 Hotline, 413-499-2425
- Everywoman Center, Amherst, 413-545-0800 Hotline, 888-337-0800
- NELCWIT, Greenfield, 413-772-0806 Hotline
- YWCA, Springfield, 800-796-8711
- YWCA of Western Mass, Westfield, 800-479-6245 Hotline
Sex Offender Information
- Community Notification of Sex Offender Information
- Sex Offender Operational Procedures
- Request for Sex Offender Information Form
- Clery Center: For Security on Campus
- Campus Safety & Security Analysis
- Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry
- Massachusetts See Something Say Something PSA
- Options for Consideration Active Shooter Preparedness Video
- Active Shooter - How to Respond
- Preparing My Business/Orginization for a Disaster
- Preparing My Family for a Disaster
- Mental Health / Substance Abuse Services - Brien Center Pittsfield, MA
- Domestic Abuse / Sexual Assault Services - Elizabeth Freeman Center
- Massachusetts 211, Get Help Get Answers
Submit a Concern
Do you have a concern about an individual on campus? Submit your concerns to the CARE Team.
Please note: Matters concerning grades, academic progress, financial aid and other
issues associated with a student's academic program at BCC should be directed to the
appropriate college Dean and should not be reported through a CARE reporting process.