Honors Program Graduation Requirements
1) At least 3 credits must be from taking an Honors Colloquium - an interdisciplinary research based course designated HON 298x (example: HON 298G)
2) The other 6 credits can be from a combination of honors courses, including:
- Honors Colloquium - you can take more than one of these if you choose.
- Honors Course - a course that's designated as an honors section of course (example, BIO 180H),
- Honors Component - a 1-credit independent study added to a regularly offered course, which converts the credits of that course to honors credits (example: HIS 121 with a component becomes a 3-credit honors course). Can typically only be used for one of the three required honors courses.
- Honors Independent Study - an individual course with a faculty member, 3 credits maximum. Can only be used for one of the three required honors courses.
3) Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
4) Earn a grade of B or better in each honors course