What is a Student Ambassador?
The BCC Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing Berkshire Community College. Student Ambassadors provide campus tours, serve as a BCC representative and perform duties at various BCC campus and community events.
Benefits to becoming a Student Ambassador
As a Student Ambassador you will develop a wide range of transferrable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want community involvement and service! Student Ambassadors will gain leadership skills that will help build their resume, university and scholarship applications. You can earn letters of recommendations, get connected to and serve your campus, and help students and the community learn more about Berkshire Community College.
What is the role of the Student Ambassador?
- Serve as official ambassadors to the BCC campus.
- Provide various services and referrals to the campus.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of BCC.
- Conduct campus tours for new students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent BCC during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events hosted by various BCC departments.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Assist with variety of office related tasks.
- Attend Student Ambassador meetings and required trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Student Ambassador Compensation & Commitment
Student Ambassadors will be paid a stipend totaling $1,000 per semester. Payments will be paid in three increments. To ensure compensation, Student Ambassadors will commit to:
- Adhering to a required attendance at the full-day training session.
- Attending Student Ambassador meetings.
- Participating in orientations, open houses, welcome back events, and more.
- Working a minimum 6 hours weekly.
- Demonstrating of high standard of professionalism at all times.
The Ideal Student Ambassador will...
- Be a currently enrolled Berkshire Community College student.
- Have completed 12 credits and be registered for 9 credits the semester the position would begin.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate knowledge of BCC.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Possess an enthusiastic, positive attitude and are willing and eager to provide excellent customer service.
- Have the ability to work flexible hours.