What is Service-Learning?
Through this program, students apply knowledge and skills learned through academic study to meaningful service within the greater community. While participating in Service-Learning, students reflect upon and analyze their service experience as it reciprocally applies to their academic and career development.
Service-Learning benefits students by:
- Enhancing understanding of academic curriculum through hands-on experience
- Providing diverse and practical experiences
- Encouraging community involvement
- Fostering civic responsibility
- Raising awareness of social justice issues
- Providing career-exploration opportunities
- Strengthening transferable skills
Get in touch with the BCC Service-Learning program:
The goal of Service-Learning is for students to gain a greater understanding of content knowledge while becoming socially embedded citizens.