Students, faculty, and most staff have access to download and use Microsoft Office 365 free of charge through BCC’s campus licensing agreement with Microsoft. The following steps show how to download and install Office 365 on your personal Windows PC.
NOTE: An active internet connection is needed throughout all the steps below to install Office 365. We recommended a broadband or faster internet connection as the download is quite large.
TIP: Some new computers come with a trial version of Microsoft office already installed. In this case you can skip the lengthy download and simply log in with your BCC credentials as described in step 15.
- Navigate to the main BCC website, www.berkshirecc.edu.
- To get to the login page, in the upper right corner click on MyBCC.
- Type your username and password into the boxes, then click the Sign in button.
Tip: Student usernames are the letter “s” + your Student ID, which will be mailed to you. For example, s0123456. The “S” can be either upper or lower case.
- The MyBCC Portal Page will load after a successful login.
- Click on Berkshire Community College Email to open the email sign in page.
- Type “s” + your student id number followed by “@berkshirecc.edu” on the email sign in page, then click the Next button.
Note: Your student ID number followed by @berkshirecc.edu is one of your email addresses however we recommend that you use your firstname.lastname@example.org address when sharing your BCC email to help protect your account and your privacy.
- Type your password on the Enter Password screen and click the Sign in button. This is the same password used in step 3 above to log into MyBCC.
Note: The Forgot my password, and Can’t access your account links on the email sign in pages do not work. For help with your BCC password please see the article Changing your BCC password.
- If asked Stay signed in? click No if you are on a public or shared computer. If using your own computer and you do not share it with friends or family, you may check the box Don’t show this again and click Yes to speed up future sign ins.
- Click on the App Launcher icon in the upper left corner of the BCC email web page as shown here.
- In the menu that opens, click on Office 365 and a new page will open.
- On the new page, click on Install Office apps, then click on Office 2016 to begin the download.
Note: If there is only an option to install Skype and not the full Office 2016, please contact the BCC Help Desk so that the licensing can be fixed on your account.
- When the download pop-up appears, click on Save File to begin downloading the Office 365 installer application.
Note: How long this step takes depends on your internet connection speed and the speed of your computer. On slow computers or connections this step may take 90 minutes or longer. If your internet connection is interrupted you may have to restart the download.
- In the lower-left corner of the web browser, you will see the file being downloaded. When the download is
complete, click on the options (looks like this ‘...’) to open the menu. Then, click on show in Finder to open the downloaded file location.
- Double-click on the installer to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, start Microsoft Word to set up your account. It may ask you to login with your BCC student email address
and password to activate.
Tip: For help with installing Office 365 please visit the Digital Commons located within the John Edwards Library.