Many classes at BCC, especially online classes, will require you to submit your student work electronically through our Moodle system. Submitting work is easy, the steps below will show how.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Moodle course and have navigated to the assignment before beginning these instructions. If you need help logging into your moodle course, please see our article on How to Log Into Moodle.
- Within your Moodle course, click on the Assignment link.
- The Assignment screen will appear showing instructions and your Submission status (date submitted, grade, etc.) for this assignment. Read the assignment instructions as each assignment may be different and you don’t want to miss important information from your professor.
- Open a word-processing program such as Word, type your assignment as your professor instructed, and save it to your computer.
- Return to the Moodle Assignment screen and click the Add submission button.
- The File submissions screen will open. Click Add.
- Click on Upload a file, then click Browse.
- Navigate to the assignment file you created in step 3 above, then select the file and click Open. Click the Upload this file button.
- You will see your uploaded file within the file submission box. Click on Save Changes to continue.
Note: Keep going! Your work is not submitted quite yet!
You may click the Edit submission button to add or replace uploaded files before finalizing.
To finalize your submission, Click on the Submit assignment button.
- If the Assignment submission statement is displayed, Check the box to confirm that the assignment is your own work, and then click the Continue button to confirm the submission.
Note: Once you click “Continue” you will not be able to make any more changes.
When the Submission Status displays as “Submitted for grading” your professor has your work and will grade it as discussed in your course syllabus.